- Image-handling features
– Ability to automatically resize images added from device to preset constraints (which are editable)
– Ability to automatically upload high-resolution version, as well as the resized version, of a new image added from the device
– Ability to automatically add link to higher resolution version of image from the device
– Ability to manually override any of the above when adding a new image from the device
- Ability to set year, as well as month, date, hours and minutes, for when to publish a Post/Page
- Ability to copy a Media Item’s URL to the clipboard (so that users can manually paste this)
- Ability to resize the display font for the WYSIWYG editor
- Ability to hide “AutoSave” notifications from being displayed – if “Show AutoSave Operation” setting switched off, this will stop the AutoSave alert from showing every so many seconds
- Ability to hide Memory Warnings from being displayed – if “Show Memory Warnings” setting is switched off, this will stop the Memory Warnings from showing
WYSIWYG Editor Improvements and fixes:
- Much improvement handling of HTML
- “Next Page” icon added, to represent where a <!–nextpage–>markers appear in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Visually styled <pre> content when inside the WYSIWYG editor
- Fixed issue with handling of <pre> tags in content
- Ensured that <pre> tag is not the last element on the page, so that users can break out of the <pre> tag without having to go into HTML mode.
- Added “Not yet supported!” alert box to all Media Types that are not yet editable via UI
- When the device was rotated when in WYSIWYG mode, and with the Post Options drop down showing, the dropdown appears in the wrong place.
- Disabled HSPACE and VSPACE for WordPress-hosted iframes, as WordPress do not support this
- Added default image for YouTube search list icon (in case a thumbnail doesn’t get loaded!)
- Show a movie icon for a movie using an iframe, rather than the iframe one
- When previewing against Live, make better use of screen space by hiding unwanted elements
- Ability to add links to a PDFs, Word Docs, Excel, Flash Movie
- When app launched, if only 1 blog exists, that Blog is selected by default, showing the list of Posts for that Blog
- Some graphics elements improved:
- Some icons in higher resolutions, to improve clarity on retina displays
- Flash icon added for Flash items in media library
- Improved “remove” icon for tags
- Re-arranged grouping of General Settings – create 3 sections: General App Settings, Blog-related Settings, Media-related Settings
- Tweaked display of Server messages
- Tweaked display of App Version messages
- Improved handling of XMLRPC responses to handle situations when the returned XML was not valid XML (eg due to bugs with WordPress, or due to custom configuration of self-hosted blogs that could affect the XML output).
- When “Restore Default Settings” was clicked in General Settings, this would hide any active Editing windows too by adding the “Getting Started” screen on top of the edit window.
- If a Blog was deleted from the device whilst a Post from that blog was active in the editor, this would cause errors to appear after every autosave.
- The app would sometimes crash after editing Post Settings
- The app would sometimes crash after selecting an image from the Media Library
- The app would sometimes crash when adding a self-hosted blog
- When a Post that had been deleted from the WordPress Web Dashboard, and then the Post was updated from Live within the app, that Post would be removed from the device (correctly!), but then would still display a “Summary” of that post (it should not!).
- When selecting a Featured Image in Post Settings, you were able to see other Media Types in the “From Media Library” section. This should only be images.
- Fixed bug with version 3.4 or greater Blogs where an update to a Live Post/Page which had been deleted from Live wasn’t handle correctly. Now, the user is asked if they want to delete the Post/Page locally.
- Fixed issue for iOS5 users where the app would crash if certain views (eg “Media Library -> Other”) were accessed
- Fixed issue with WordPress-hosted blogs when scheduling a Post that is currently a draft and was initially created using the WordPress Web Dashboard. Before, this would publish the Post immediately.
We’ll be publishing more information on these new features and how they work over the next few days, and of course we’ll let you know as soon as the update is available!